Haastattelussa Kalifornian Oaklandista kotoisin oleva räppäri Lewi Bo. Hän on tehnyt urallaan yhteistyötä muun muassa Lil Bloodin, J. Stalinin, Husalahin, Stevie Joen ja San Quinnin kanssa. Hänen uusin studioalbuminsa ‘Streets Raised Me’ ilmestyi tänä vuonna.
- What’s up, Lewi Bo? How are you today?
I’m good, just chilling trying to make a million!
- To start off, for those who don’t know you, who are you and where are you from?
My name is Lewi Bo and I’m from Oakland, CA.
- What was life like growing up?
It was rough, but overall it was good. I wouldn’t change much.
- What were your earliest memories of music? What did you listen to growing up?
I grew up listening to old school Bay Area music like 2Pac, E-40, San Quinn, Too S$ort, Richie Rich, B Legit, 3xKrazy and The Luniz.
- When did you start making music?
I started making music around 2010-2011.
- How did you get your name Lewi Bo?
Having the name Bo attached to the end of your name is just a West Oakland thing. Like it’s people named Telly Bo, Shawny Bo, Arty Bo, etc.
- Walk me through your first time in a studio. What was that session like?
My first time in the studio was fun. I went and played my verse down like I had been doing it for years. When I told the engineer it was my first time he didn’t believe me.
- How do you go about writing a song and what is your process?
1st I need some good marijuana to smoke, then I just let the rhymes flow naturally.
- In your opinion, what is your favorite song you’ve done to date?
My favorite song I’ve done so far is called ‘I Be In West Oakland (Remix)’ where I brought dudes from neighborhoods all over West Oakland together on one song.
- Who are your top 5 rappers?
2Pac, E-40, Scarface, C-Bo and Yukmouth.
- What are you currently listening to?
I’m currently listening to my own album titles ‘Streets Raised Me’ that’s scheduled for release in early 2022.
- What do you want people to take away after listening to your music?
I want them to know that I never give up no matter how hard it gets and I want to inspire them do be the same way. NEVER give up!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I see myself traveling the world and just doing music. Two things that I love a lot.
- Any new music coming out soon?
Yes, ‘Streets Raised Me’ dropping early 2022!
- Do you have any last words you’d like to leave our readers with?
Follow me on Instagram @Lewi.Bo and never be afraid to be yourself. Winners never quit and quitters never win!
Haastattelu: J-P / Fileerausveitsi