Tällä kertaa haastattelussa Houston-räppäri ja horrorcore-pioneeri Ganxsta N-I-P.
What’s up, N-I-P? What are you up to?
– I’m good. God is good!
What’s Houston like? What are some of your earliest childhood memories?
– Houston is a great city. It has its own style. Trendsetting.
Why, where and how did you fall in love with hip-hop music?
– Through my idols Ice-T and Too $hort.
What was the first hip-hop album you bought?
– Too $hort’s Born To Mack and Ice-T’s Power.
How did you get your rap name?
– In high school, while in the band.
How would you describe your style, to those who aren’t familiar?
– Creator of Horrorcore!
Are your stories the products of nightmares, childhood experiences, fantasies?
– No, they are not, horrorcore was in me from birth!
Do you ever research real events, legends, or myths to get ideas?
– No, I don’t! I just create, because I’m a creator!
What is the story behind your song Pizza Man?
– Pizza man is a movie minded song which I created to metaphorically show my audience creativity at its finest!
What do you think of the hip hop scene in Houston?
– I think we are highly underrated and often duplicated.
What are you listening to these days?
What was the last album you were able to play front-to-back without any skips?
– My album “Creator of Horrorcore”.
How did you and Detag link up?
– Me and Detag linked up threw FB and he’s the greatest producer I’ve ever had! One luv, Detag!
What was the first thing you bought when you signed your Rap-A-Lot contract?
– My mom a house.
Were tracks like “Court Cases & Caskets” motivated by the political climate?
– Yes, it was! Brother Nip is the political alter-ego of Ganxsta Nip.
What is one experience in life that, without it, you wouldn’t be the artist you are today?
– Playing the alto saxophone in the band.
Tell me about your new project Brother N-I-P? How is it different from Ganxsta N-I-P?
– Brother Nip is a conscious God fearing soldier who calls himself the Street Messiah.
Do you have anyone that you consider your mentor? How has their help or advice shaped you?
– The honorable minister Louis Farrakhan has shaped Brother Nip into a positive force for change in black people, as well as people of all color.
What do you remember about recording and chilling with Mr. 3-2?
– I remember 3-2 being a great rapper and great friend to the Houston hip hop scene. R-I-P!
Imagine that you become the American President for a day. What are some of the changes you’re going to make to the country?
– That all men have equal justice and equal opportunity. Freedom, justice and equality.
Do you have any fun Halloween experiences you can tell us?
– Yes, every Halloween the radio station plays my songs!
Do you believe in the conspiracies?
– Yes, I do.
In your opinion – what’s the best neighborhood in Houston?
– Every neighborhood in Houston.
What’s the hottest track so far this year?
– H-Town Swag by Brother Nip (Produced by Detag).
What do you usually drink in the club?
Which you prefer: Selling music from the trunk or selling music on the internet?
– Both, because they both makes money.
What would you say is your “theme song”?
– Peace in the Streets.
If you were a character of a video game, what would you be and why?
– Pac-Man, because he eats his enemies.
One of my favourite songs of yours is “Slaughter”. How did this track come about?
– From the injustice that black men go threw on a daily basis.
What are your upcoming projects?
– Brother Nip’s Conversation with the Gangsters, Ganxsta Nip’s Greatest Horrorz Vol. 2, Ganxsta Nip’ Greatest Hood Talez and Brother Nip’ Souljaz Only.
Finally, what are Ganxsta N-I-P’s words to live by?
– All praises due to Allah!
Thanks for your time!
Haastattelu: J-P / Fileerausveitsi
Katso Ganxsta Nipin uusi musavideo Killahoen virallisella Youtube-kanavalla täältä.