Haastattelussa Fallen Angelz Entertainment -levy-yhtiön perustaja Kawtion.
- What’s up, Kawtion? How are you today?
What’s goin’ on JP in Finland! I’m doing great!
- Tell me little about yourself? Where are you from?
I’m Kawtion (caution) born and raised in Detroit, Michigan CEO of Fallen Angelz Entertainment and CEO of Paypa Boi Entertainment.
- When did you officially start your record label, The Fallen Angelz?
I started Fallen Angelz June 16th 1999, which is my birthday and started Paypa Boi Entertainment with the late MC Breed in June 12th 2005 which was MC Breed’s birthday.
- Where does the name “The Fallen Angelz” come from?
I created it as u look at the logo some people are horns and some people are Halo’s on Earth and everyone has lost a loved one and that’s your Fallen Angel who you will never forget.
- So what happened between you and Dice?
I put up 60,000$ to Dice’s 0$ and told him he can be half owner of Fallen Angelz Entertainment after he completes his 4 album contract he signed and payback 30,000. He wanted something for nothing because he was the rapper Dice so he walked away like I would fold as a label as you see his career went no where and I sold 70,000 units as a label independently.
- What was it like working with Esham and are you still in contact with him?
I never worked with Esham as a fan from 1992 until 1996 they use to send posters and flyers and I would pass them out everywhere I went on my bike.
Me and Esham really got to know each other and meet in 2003 when I got MC breed signed to UMZ which was new urban music group label created by Psychopathic Records (Insane Clown Posse) and I got Esham and MC breed to record the song “Roll”. Me and Esham chat here and there on Facebook messenger. We are cool. Nothing but love.
- What moments stand out to you as marking a shift toward success with The Fallen Angelz?
November 2, 2019, I’m having Mastamind of Natas album release party called “Sleep Tight Sweet Dreamz” in Allen Park Michigan at Simon’s After Dark. Performing is Mastamind, Ganxsta Nip, Project Born, Timmi 2 Tymes + special guest Ghetto-E of the Dayton Family and a few local artist. I plan to do a small tour in the future.
- What’s the number one tip you would give to someone who’s looking to get in the music industry?
1st you have to love music and not look to get rich quick and build a team and all play their position and have a meaning to stand out as a artist.
- What music are you listening to these days?
This new music really don’t touch my soul so I always listen to all N.W.A’s albums, The D.O.C’s “No One Can Do It Better” and all Tupac albums, but I would tell people go listen to Scarface’s “Deeply Rooted” and “Deeply Rooted The Lost Files” albums those albums are great from start to finish.
- Tell me about one of your most memorable nights on tour?
Being MC Breed bodyguard, then to become his manager in Kentucky a group of lady fans followed us back to Michigan and the ladies fucked me and MC Breed for a whole month and they stayed at my house and they went to different strip clubs to dance and make money and they shared their profits with us. It’s a chick name Shelia with Kawtion tattooed on her lower back.
- Your definition of underground hip hop?
My definition is creating music that fans truly support and buy and seeing them spread the word to other who learn about your brand.
- With how busy you are being in the music scene, what do you do for fun outside of music?
I love to travel, fix my old school car up and have sex with some of the finest women in the world since I’m single.
- What’s your favorite movie?
John Wick 1, 2 and 3.
- Any current or future projects you are promoting? Thanks for your time!
Go to www.acidtrapmuzik.com and support my catalog!
Dice – “Black Monday” 20th Anniversary/Drug Abuse
Dice – “Monkey Joe”
Timmi 2 Tymes – “Murda Pt. 1”
Timmi 2 Tymes – “Enuff Iz Enuff Murda-Mix”
Dice – “Mentally Destroyed”
Dice – “Neighborhood Watch”
Dice – “Red Rain”
Dice – “Evil Angelz Runnin Thru Hell”
Haastattelu: J-P aka Fileerausveitsi